If there is one social network that has experienced great growth in recent months, it is TikTok. This Asian social network is breaking records and surpassing others that were already on the scene and very popular, such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube or Snapchat. In fact, it has managed to surpass them in downloads and the number of active users.
TikTok has more than 500 million active users worldwide and, although it was initially especially popular among teenagers, today it is also popular among more mature users.
Just one more note. Due to the user profile that uses this social network, the brands that can get the best results from their actions on it are B2C brands. At the moment, it does not seem to be a market for B2B brands… although in my opinion there is still a long way to go and we will soon see it evolve to capture more followers!
What is TikTok and what are some examples of how it works for brands?
TikTok is a social network designed to create, edit and share music videos of no more than 1 minute in length. Its main attraction is its filters and effects that make the content more fun.
It also allows users to send messages, make votes, have followers, follow other users, and create lists of friends.
Something that especially attracts the attention of brands is that the publications have high organic visibility. Contrary to what happens in the rest, it is very easy to publish something and have it reach thousands of people. Normally social networks have algorithms that limit the natural visibility of their posts, but this is not the case.
Knowing this, how does TikTok work for brands? Organic visibility, as I said, is one of the strongest points for companies and businesses. But, in addition, this application allows you to work with influencers and create powerful advertising campaigns.
Publish organic content
Unleash the creativity of your social media team and create original and fun videos that give your brand popularity. You don’t need to create big productions, as the simpler and more natural the videos are, the more traction they will get. For example:
- You can create videos showing your products, your facilities, and your team… But always with a fun tone, which is what the consumer of this type of social network is expecting.
- Another option is to join or create a challenge. You could also challenge your community to perform an activity, record themselves and share that video with your brand’s hashtag. The virality it can achieve would give a lot of popularity to your business.
Work with influencers
Despite being a “new” social network in the Western market, there are professionals who already have quite large audiences. Analyze if any of them are similar to your brand’s target audience, implement a strategy and review the results.
Create advertising campaigns
Like Facebook, Instagram, or YouTube, TikTok includes a space to publish ads. Here, brands can choose from four types of ads:
- Brand Takeover. They are quite expensive, but they give you the opportunity to appear on the home screen every time a user logs in to the app. For a whole day, your content can be seen by millions of users.
- In-Feed Video. This is the advertising that appears in the feed. It allows you to segment and include links to download an app or a website.
- Hashtag Challenge. It is based on announcing challenges through a hashtag, instead of going viral organically. Its objective is to give visibility to the brand in a quick way.
- Branded Lenses. It consists of creating videos based on filters to boost the visibility and engagement of the business.
This is how TikTok works for brands. If you have never used this application before, I recommend that you first familiarize yourself with it, with its audience, invest time in creating organic content, and, later, move on to the paid alternatives to boost your visibility. For additional tips and information on how to buy tiktok followers, visit their page for more info.